Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Polyphasic Sleep: Day 21*

I'm still sick. I gave myself the full 3am-7am cycle to sleep. I figure if I have to break schedule, I might as well do so by temporarily switching to Everyman (90-minute-multiple longer sleeps).

Screwing around with your schedule during adaptation is a huge obstacle, but Pure Doxyk strongly suggests you should if you get sick while still adapting.

Since I woke on my own, in the middle of a dream, after about 3 90-minute cycles, I take this as a good sign. It means I'm not sleep-deprived, just in need of more sleep to counter this cold.

That should be my metric. Only oversleep if you're sick, and only then by replacing a cycle with a core sleep. If you manage to oversleep that core nap, obviously your adaptation is still not past sleep-dep; just be aware it'll now take longer to get out of adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment