Saturday, June 12, 2010

Polyphasic Sleep: Day 9 Middle

Odd morning. Through the night I read about Lojban and studied it using smart.fm and mnemosyne.

A little before my 7 nap, I started getting groggy and fuzzy. Sometime after my 7 nap (dreamless), in the middle of a mnemosyne sequence on numbers, I was smashed by a wave of grogginess. Powerful grogginess.

To prevent another nap cluster, I went out and waited outside a nearby bookstore until it opened. It's odd to feel like a lurching zombie out in public. The temptation to simply beat on the windows with my hands while moaning was great.

I browsed a while. Moved a copy of Emoto's water-memory crap from the science section to the gay and lesbian section. All the while this utter fuzziness was buzzing around in my head.

Even the 11 nap didn't help much. For the past few hours I've been in a groggy jamais vu state pretty much fit only for reading offline.

Note: I directly blame my coffee experiment yesterday. It did keep me from crashing due to skipping the 7 p.m. nap, but I'm feeling the effects today.

I've got work in a while. I'll try to figure out some way of getting in another nap, and mitigating the work-induced nap shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment