Sunday, June 6, 2010

Polyphasic Sleep: Day 3

I can't think in terms of days.

After work on Friday (the day before yesterday that still feels like today, and would have even monophasically because damn it 3:30 a.m is an edge case in human language), I went over to my sister and her fiancee's house.

And then I proceeded to slowly go deranged, as described in my last post.

At one point in the morning (saturday morning), we went to a flea market. Then the oddness started.

Gripped in the terrible impression that life is an independent movie of which I am only an extra, I began stumbling about the clutter pretty much speaking to myself. I remember at one point picking up and carrying around a lamp in the shape of a grizzly bear holding in its grizzly paw a tinier grizzly bear. At another point I was waving a $4 machete around while searching for a sharpei I had befriended moments earlier.

I ended up only buying the book "The Skeptic's Guide to Conspiracy Theories". I still regret putting down my lampish grizzly friend.

Afterward I tried to take a nap in the car on the way to work, but simply couldn't. Instead, I argued at length, with passion, about Danny DeVito. Other than DeVito, I have no idea what I was arguing about.

Work passed by in a pleasant delirium with interruptions of hebephrenic giggling and sudden moments of terrible gravity and sobriety.  Stuff got done whether I giggled or reflected on the nature of the uncaring universe.

After work, I got ready to take my 11:00 nap. Basically by holding my cat as I wandered about the house singing "If I were a Deep One". Then I slept.

And slept right up until the alarm for my 3:00 a.m. nap.

I don't consider this a setback in the schedule, though. Even an obviously severe case of sleep deprivation went entirely away in 4 hours of sleep. Really, I feel completely refreshed. This might not be a good example of Uberman, but it shows that the Everyman schedule should definitely be possible for regular people.

Now I'm going to read until my next nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment