Monday, June 7, 2010

Sparta

Since it appears that outside of the 8 to noon window, I need half an hour of meditation pre-nap to achieve a REM nap, I'm going to fully embrace this madness.

No naps today. I'm going to try to stay awake until my 7 a.m nap tomorrow morning. One nap, then nothing until 11:00 p.m.

The idea is that I really would rather nap when I feel sleepy. But I only feel sleepy in that 8 to noon window. This measure should break that rhythm, providing me with two consistently successful nap points. After maybe two days, I'll be able to extend the schedule with more evenly spaced naps.

This means, of course, that for perhaps two days my sleep deprivation will be even greater than it is in a normal attempt at adjustment.

And any readers of my blog will delight in seeing me report as I devolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment