Friday, June 11, 2010

Schedule for Week 2 of Polyphasic Sleep

As I described before, this second week of being polyphasic will focus on more rigor.

The plan is simple: each cycle must contain something to keep me active, excited, and royally pissed that it must be interrupted by biological maintenance.

23:00 - 3:00    Lojban. At 4 hours a day or 2 full pomodoro cycles, this is plenty of time to become fluent quickly.

3:00 - 7:00    Reading. When do you get a chance to read for 4 hours, uninterrupted?

7:00 - 11:00    Coding. I figure that this is my problem cycle, and the best solution is to be doing something that punishes me for illogic and mistakes, rewards me for clear thinking, and, best of all, trains me in the vital art of prioritizing. If something is taking more than 4 hours to code, I am doing something wrong. Either I need to read up on things, discover a better design, or rethink the current design. This should be a great way of both keeping me occupied, and teaching me how to program effectively.

11:00 - 14:00    General studying. The emphasis here is on fluffless reading. This is the time to follow up on documentation I didn't have time for during my coding cycle,  textbooks, tutorials, etc. Again, this is a task that punishes mistakes and fuzzy thinking, while rewarding clarity and logic; falling toward the end of my problem cycle it should be very useful.

14:00 - 22:00 Work.

22:00 - 23:00 Anything else I didn't get to.

While I don't expect to be able to rigorously isolate each cycle, the emphasis on a single mindset in each cycle should be easy to follow. I hope this will both keep me occupied, and have a side-effect of dropping me into the proper mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment