Monday, October 25, 2010

Ships in the night

I received this from a Billy:
Hello Georgina,

I have received your e-mail requesting help. My name is Billy Ferguson, I am a business man from Scotland. I have read about your terrible plight and I am deeply moved. It is disgusting to hear that your uncles are mistreating you. What can I do to help?

Kind regards,
Billy
I responded:
Do I look like a Georgina, even one who has been cruelly mistreated by nefarious uncles who almost certainly possess eye patches and lecherous pugs?

Sir, you have made a terrible mistake. I demand satisfaction. You and I shall square off at noon tomorrow in Tianenmen Square. Our weapons will be chimpanzees, two black rubber dildos, or the perfectly preserved corpses of both Orson Welles and Jimmy Durante. Your choice.

We shall fight to either the death or the giggles, you perspicacious rapscallion in whose father's face I smear something indescribably foul! 
He responded, to my utter shock:
Woops. I was replying to a mail from a Nigerian scammer. I lifted your mail (seems to have mailed you too) instead of his. I was hoping to waste his time rather than yours though your challenge for a duel sounds entertaining, I'll go with the corpses.
Wow. I responded:
They always do. They always do.

Hey, do you want to bait together? I can be your Inuit brother-husband, Cthulhu-cultist pastor, the lad dolla-chopping you, etc.

If you like, I'll throw some your way. I'm working on a trick I call Accidentally Forwarded Emails. The idea being that you forward the lad's email to another character who then gets somehow involved in the transaction. An exchange develops, and at some point you reply to this second character "accidentally" cc'ing it to the lad. Now there's a fine sub-plot, you double his work-load, double the opportunity for confusion, etc.
Here's hoping to ruin some profits together.

No comments:

Post a Comment